Events
updates
next ac // ends July 1st

welcome to whispers into screams! this site is au post the season 4 mid-season finale. please read the rules and check out the canon list!

we are officially open as of july 17, 2015. stop in the cbox and say hi. have fun and don't get eaten! (by zombies or cannibals!)
staff
credits
skin credit goes to miss texas, custom structure scripts go to black, and the toggle cbox goes to subdevo. writing belonging to their respective writers.
Current Season/Year:
Summer 2013

Add Reply
New Poll

Mad, Mad World, Tag: Mika, Tyler, and Sophie
Charmaine Pace
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 10:14 AM

hand gun

Fists
IRA

Where: Magical Hot Spring in what I'm assuming is an alternate dimension
When: Spring '13 (AU)
Time: It was maybe half an hour after sunset for Char, EST
Who: Mikayla Scott, Tyler McCarthy, and Sophie Silvers (posting order)
Spring Event Prompt: Stumble upon a hidden hot spring

Whatever Tomorrow Brings

I'll Be There
Char walked slowly through the fog, wishing that she hadn't been forced to hide from a small horde of walkers so late into the evening. By the time the coast had been clear, the sun had begun to set and a dense fog had rolled in from the sea. Normally she wouldn't have tried to make her way through this mess, but the place she had been hiding wasn't exactly a safe place to take a nap and the ranch the IRA called home wasn't that far off. It hadn't seemed like too big of a risk at first, when the first tendrils of fog came creeping in, but as the fog deepened she began to worry that perhaps she should have taken her chances hiding in that alleyway all night.

A noise came from somewhere nearby, causing Char to pause and look around worriedly. There was no telling which direction the noise came from, the fog dampened everything too much. She started, then shook her head. Probably her imagination playing tricks because of this damned creepy fog. Gritting her teeth, she clenched her hands into fists, digging her short nails into the wrappings around her knuckles and palms, and kept moving. When the noise came again, it was closer. She fought the instinct to just run blindly through the fog, but she did pick up her pace to a jog. The third time the noise came, she looked back over her shoulder, hoping to see something there, anything, to cause the ominous noise. She should have been watching where she was going. She stepped poorly, tripping and falling, her momentum carrying her forward too far to get her feet back under her. She'd taken a lot of falls in martial arts, and she fell correctly, slapping her palms and forearms to the ground to absorb her impact. At least, that’s what should have happened. Instead, she felt that dropping sensation pull at her gut, the one you get on the first big drop of a roller coaster, and had a sensation of flipping head over heels a couple times. When she did hit the ground it was on her side with a solid thud. There were a couple more thuds, but Char was too busy trying to shake off her disorientation to pay them much mind.

As she stood she looked around, concerned that whatever pit she'd fallen into - because what else could account for the abnormally long fall? - might be full of caught walkers. She was surprised to find that she was not, in fact, in a pit. Instead her eyes roamed over invitingly green evergreen trees, a smooth stone path with fluffy white banks of snow on both sides, and a still setting sun. She blinked, concerned now that she must have hit her head. It wasn't exactly warm yet in Virginia, but there most definitely hadn't been snow on the ground. The last of that had melted weeks ago. The fog receded into the tree line revealing three other figures on the ground. The other figures appeared to be moving too, and as she looked closer she realized she knew one of them. "Mika?" she asked, confused. She hadn't seen the other woman since she and her group had left taking Gerald Burns with them, back to where ever it was they called home these days. It was odd to find the girl back so soon... but then, Char wasn't entirely convinced she was in Norfolk anymore. She went to her, offering a hand to help her to her feet. She had more questions for Mika, but she was a bit more concerned about their current situation. She took another look around now that the fog had drifted into the trees and noted a sign posted at the edge of the small clearing, where the stone path lead away through the trees.

"Shangri La Hot Springs," she read aloud, a question in her voice. The little arrow at the bottom of the sign pointed down the path. Char looked to Mika "Do you have any idea where in the hell we are?" she asked, then remembered the other two people in the clearing "Or who those two are?" she added in a quieter tone, tilting her head in the direction of the two strangers.

To: TAGS || Words: ### || Notes: HELLO!
girlwhowaited @ (cttw)(​shine)(​tcb)

--------------------
user posted image
PMGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Mikayla Scott
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 12:10 PM

.45 caliber single action revolver

A Well-Aimed Rock
Group Not Dead

☠ ☠ ☠-You might think I'm trashy -☠ ☠ ☠ A little too hardcore
I ain't never been the Barbie-doll type
☠ ☠ ☠-But in my neck of the woods-☠ ☠ ☠ I'm just the girl next door
Mika had been on her horse, Fizzy, all morning. She was with the rest of her traveling group, which included Becca, Elijah, Donna, and even Gerald. Yes, they had found Uncle Gerald at last, with a group known as the IRA. They'd spent a few weeks there and Mika had gotten to know some of the people in that group. She felt confident that she had made a few friends and thought to herself that if she was ever in a bind and around Norfolk again, she'd definitely pay them a visit. But for now, she was on a long trip home. She patted Fizzy's neck. Her horse was getting older now, but she would always be Mika's best friend. Fizzy and Mika had been an incredible team, taking first prize in many a mounted shooting competition. Fizzy had her back. So when the traveling group had decided to take a few horses with them, Mika knew who she was going to take. Fizzy was no stranger to gunshots, and had been well trained by yours truly. So Mika could trust this horse with everything she had.

She and Becca had been switching off who shared a horse with Uncle Gerald. Right now it was Becca's turn, and Mika wasn't about to interrupt that. She could tell that her cousin was incredibly happy and relieved to have her father back. While Mika loved her Uncle, she knew that if it had been her father who had been lost for the entire duration of the apocalypse she wouldn't want to give him up for anything. Mika smiled as she watched the two chat on their horse. It was sweet. Moments later, however, Elijah's horse picked up a few paces, blocking her view of the family reunion. Mika laughed and hit him. He'd done it on purpose. She could tell by the way he was laughing back. She bit her tongue and shook her head, her mind wandering, wondering what it would be like to have to share her horse with Elijah instead. Elijah opened his mouth to say something to her when all of a sudden, Elijah was enveloped in a thick, grey fog. Mika couldn't see anything or anyone through the haze. "What the hell did we wander into?" She asked, but she couldn't hear the words anyone was saying. It sounded like she was inside a fish bowl. She could sort of make out Elijah's voice saying "What are you talking about?" Mika didn't know. Her eyes widened and she looked around frantically. She took her hands off of the reins, trying to wave the fog away to no avail. Suddenly, Fizzy was spooked and reared up on her hind legs, causing Mika to lose her balance and tumble onto the floor.

Only she never hit the ground.

Just when she was bracing for impact, none came. Mika felt like she was falling for far too long, into greyness. What the hell was happening?! Close to a minute later, Mika finally landed in what felt like a pile of snow. And once she reoriented herself she realized it was indeed a pile of damn snow. How was that possible? Out of nowhere, she heard a familiar voice calling her name. A hand reached out for her and helped her to her feet. Mika looked around. This place looked friendly. Nice. She was dreaming. And Char had helped her to her feet. Charmaine Pace, who she had just left back at the IRA! How was this happening? Clearly, Char didn't have any idea either. "Do you have any idea where in the hell we are? Or who those two are?" Char asked, and Mika's brow furrowed as she turned around, spotting two more unfamiliar forms struggling to their feet behind her. "Well, apparently we're at the Shangri La Hot Springs," She said matter-of-factly, pointing to the sign Char had just read. "I don't know why, or how." She said. Her brain felt fuzzy. "Isn't Shangri La in like... China?" She asked, honestly not knowing the answer herself. "Hey, are you guys okay?!" She called out to the other two who had fallen on their faces. She was hesitant to help them up, not knowing if this was some kind of trap, but she wanted to make sure they weren't hurt. She turned back to Char. "I feel like this is some kind of trap." She said, the rational part of her brain finally returning to her. But the fun side of her brain began to function right afterward, and Mika added on to her sentence. "But.. if there is a chance that it's not... I could really go for a dip in a hot spring right now." She didn't know if this was the best thing that would ever happen or the worst, but a sick sense of curiosity was begging her to find out. Better to be hanging by your toes in a dungeon thinking you'd found paradise than to miss out on paradise because you'd feared it was too good to be true.

notes: Yay event thread!
tags: Tyler McCarthy, Sophie Silvers, & Charmaine Pace
PMEmail
^
Tyler McCarthy
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 07:22 PM

Samurai Sword

Switchblade Knives
The Patriots

Time was an ever flowing thing. It couldn't be stopped, it couldn't be controlled. But when Tyler McCarthy was with his wife, Teagan, time felt like it stood still forever. Being reunited with his beloved was something he didn't actually think would happen. They'd spent months apart, and he was sure that she was long gone. But with some strange twist of fate, he was dragged into the nation's Capitol building, literally, and reunited with his forever and always. The glitch was that the president had a constant eye on them. In fact, it had been just a day prior when Madam President Cherice bumped into Tyler, then accused him of not looking where he was going. The man was simply walking the hallways, an apple in his hands when the woman was looking down at some sort of paperwork. Half of the time, he was convinced that she was just looking at stick figure doodles. Did she really know what she was doing? She was bananas!

Today was going well. Ty had found Teagan laying on a couch, resting her eyes. He couldn't help but stare. She looked so peaceful, considering she was always on her feet, always busy. She was hot when she was busy. But she was beautiful all of the time. Ty crossed the room, sitting on the couch, trying not to disturb the woman. She woke up anyways, flashing her dazzling blue eyes at him and smiling. It was better than any dream he'd ever had. Every time she looked at him, he felt like the world somehow managed to stop spinning. She was perfect.

Before he could mutter a word, Teagan leaning in to kiss him. Which quickly lead to a heated teenage makeout. He wouldn't protest this, not ever. Her hands found their way to the three buttons at the top of the polo shirt he was given to wear, undoing them rather quickly. And just as he managed to get her top off of her and halfway across the room, there she was. Madam President. Her arms crossed over her chest, and a look of complete amusement on her face. "Go on. I'm not stopping you. And when you're done, fetch me something strong from the bar. I'm not dealing with any shit today unless I have something strong running through these veins. People are pissin' me off! Get to it!!" Ah, good ole crazy Cherice. Barking her orders like a bit-- Okay, okay. She wasn't always that bad. Maybe. Sometimes. yeah, she was.

Tyler sighed. Teagan went to get up, but Tyler shook his head, telling her to stay where she was and rest. He got up, shirt and hair messed up. That's when the fun began. "You know, Madam President... I wish you wouldn't treat my wife like a slave. She deserves to be treated better." he took a few steps closer, ready to finish a point that he didn't think through. "And another thing. When you are walking around at night in your bathrobe, would at least have the decency to..." BOOM! Like a crazy Matric scene or something, a fog had surrounded everything. He could hear Cherice saying something. The words Mouthy and Scrawny White Boy, and maybe the word Idiot, but he wasn't sure.

He went to take a step backward and quickly fell. Bracing himself for a fall, he waited. What in the hell? There was no crash landing. Not yet. He tried to look around, but there wasn't much to be seen. And when he least expected it, he fell right on his ass, flipping to his forearms and hands. Ty was slow to get up, but once he did, he was completely confused. This was not The White House. He heard other people talking, women. They weren't Cherice.

Tyler slightly stumbled his way over towards the two women. One looked like she was ready to kick some ass, and the other looked like she'd been at a rodeo recently, maybe? he wasn't sure. This was weird. "Hot Springs? China?! What?" he brushed his fingers through his hair, and started to button his shirt back up, his cheeks flushing red. "Wait. Where's Teagan? is this.... are we still in Washington D.C.?
Who are you? What is going on?"

He knew it! By George, this was proof! Cherice knew voodoo, and she did something to him!! What in the actual freaking frick?!!

Tags Sophie Silvers, Charmaine Pace Mikayla Scott
Post stats: words = 737
Notes: Oh, Cherice! Always busting in when Ty and Teag are gonna have a good time. this was so fun to write!
PMEmail
^
Sophie Silvers
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 01:23 PM

Baseball batt

n/a
Dirty Memphis 10

For the first time since the walkers took over the earth, Sophie Silvers left her guitar in her room. The young musician almost felt naked without the case strapped to her back, but she was trying to make the room her own. While she didn't want to be unprepared for the posibility they might have to run, she also did not want to live in fear. She headed up to the roof and decided to spend some time just soaking up the sun and relaxing in the garden. She didn't dare touch any of the actual plants, afraid she'd ruin something for Ryder. Her friend had worked far too hard to have Sophie kill something accidentally. While logically Sophie knew it was impossible to actually kill a plant just by looking at it or smelling it, she was still afraid she'd somehow manage to do it.

Sophie dropped onto the lounge chair she'd found on her most recent run and started to doodle in hernotebook. She wasn't interested in writing anything, just clearing her mind and doodling. She closed her eyes, just relishing the sun beaming down on her from up above. It wasn't often that she just got to sit out in the sun and not think about the scary world aorund her.

A few moments later her eyes popped open in surprise as a shadow fell over her face and she watched as the sky got a bit darker and fog drifted passed. Sophie wasn't sure when or how it happened. One moment she was sitting on her lounge chair and the next she was falling and tumbling down what felt like a steep hill. Her fall felt longer then it actually was and when she'd righted herself she realized she wasn't on the shop's roof anymore. She was also surrounded by people she had never met with no weapon to defend herself with. Sophie hugged herself, suddenly feeling naked without her guitar. Though she was very glad that she didn't have her baby because she was certain it would have been broken in the fall.

"China? How did I get to China?" Sophie's eyes were wide with fear as she glanced around, unsure of how she'd even gotten there. "I was just...and now I'm here." Sophie couldn't wrap her mind around what was going on.

Charmaine Pace, Mikayla Scott, Tyler McCarthy
PM
^
Charmaine Pace
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 07:36 PM

hand gun

Fists
IRA

Whatever Tomorrow Brings

I'll Be There
Char observed the reactions of the other people in the little clearing. None of them seemed any less surprised than she had been to find themselves here. She frowned at the sign, trying to think. Something about the name sounded familiar to her. Then it clicked. "Uh. I don't think we're in China... Shangri La... If it's what I think it is, Shangri La is a mythical land where time is paused and everything you want or need is provided for you. It's sort of like heaven, but for mortals. At least, according to my high school English teacher." They had read a book, one of the few she had actually found interesting, where a girl had gone to Shangri La. The teacher had gone on and on about the meaning behind the book; she had just found the concept interesting and had shuffled the knowledge away in her mind. Unfortunately, what little she'd retained from that class was all she knew about Shangri la.

She looked to Mika, wondering how the other girl was taking this strange situation. She shouldn't have been worried. Mika seemed like she was having a grand old time. She'd noticed that that family tended to be completely unflappable. Taking a page from Mika's book, Char sighed. "Screw it. We're in an impossible place and I see no signs of walkers, I'm checking out this hot spring." She waited a beat to see if Mika would join her, then made her way down the path. It wound steadily uphill, through trees and snow banks. The path was paved with smooth stones and edged with a small rock wall. Eventually the path came to an end. It opened up into another clearing. This one was edged in the same smooth dark stones, a thick mossy grass kept the footing soft around a large natural hot spring. It didn't look too deep and steam wafted off the surface. Char looked for some sign of danger, but instead found a long bench to one side with several stacks of cloth on it. She went to the stacks and found a big towel, a plush robe, and... a bathing suit. In her size. She blinked at it, trying to decide if it was more or less odd that swim clothes were provided at the mythical hot springs.

"Well... whoever or whatever brought us here seems to have provided us with a wardrobe change." She pointed out the other stacks, exactly enough for everyone in the clearing. "I wonder where we're supposed to..." she hesitated as the fog began to clear and a small alcove with shoulder high walls was revealed "...change." She looked to Mika, to the others, to the hot spring, the clothes, then finally to the little alcove. "Screw it," if she had landed in some weird dream world, she was going with it. It had been years since she'd had a proper soak in a hot spring. She picked up the bathing suit and robe and went to the alcove to change.

To: TAGS || Words: ### || Notes: HELLO!

Next: Mikayla Scott

Then: Tyler McCarthy
Sophie Silvers

--------------------
user posted image
PMGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Mikayla Scott
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 04:01 PM

A Well-Aimed Rock
Group Not Dead

Mika was completely shocked. Why were they here? She and Charmaine and two random strangers? This was a little on the crazy side. In fact it was so crazy, that Mika threw all caution out the window. When things got this weird it was better to go with the flow than swim against it. She raised her eyebrow as Char explained that Shangri La wasn't, in fact, a city in China. "Weird. I coulda sworn that was a Chinese place." She shrugged. It appeared that Char was going for it, and Mika's mind was already made up. After three years of hell she was ready to experience a slice of heaven. She followed Char down the path and waved for the others to follow suit. Hey, they were all in this together, weren't they? They may as well become friends while they were at it.

Mika picked up her pile of clothes and inspected them. The piles weren't marked, but she had been drawn to this one. Lo and behold, her bathing suit was in her favorite color. Teal. And it was her favorite style of swimwear: bikini top with high-waisted bottoms. This was insane! She checked the sizes and they seemed to check out. This had to be for her. She followed Char to the alcove and changed within it once it was her turn. She'd have just changed in the open, but there was a strange man here. That, and there was a nagging part of her that was a little afraid this was a trap somehow. If nothing else, that they were being watched by big brother.

Mika changed into her suit and grinned, twirling to give her friend a 360 degree view. "Its perfect!" She said, before slowly dipping into the hot water before her. It was magical. The water seemed a cool aqua, and was clearly a natural spring, so the rocks and flora surrounding the pool were just naturally beautiful. Mika giggled. "This is amazing!" She said, splashing the first person to join her in the water. Were you supposed to splash in the water? Oh well! Too late! Mika was giddy. Once everyone had joined her in the hot spring she grinned and extended her hand to the new people. "I'm Mika Scott." She introduced, shaking their hands in turn. "I'm a horse trainer and a champion mounted rider. I was in school to become a veterinarian." She added that extra info, and smiled. It was so great to pretend that the world had never ended. She missed the simple things. "What about you guys?"

notes: Yay event thread!
PMEmail
^
Sophie Silvers
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 06:02 PM

Baseball batt

n/a
Dirty Memphis 10

Sophie was still in shock. One moment she had been in the garage and the next moment she was in clearing with three other strangers. She had not remembered falling asleep, so she could not be certain that she was in a dream or just losing her mind finally. The only other explanation was that she’d finally caved in and drank more than she could handle, but she hadn’t touched a drop of liquor since the end of the world. Sophie shrugged. She was not sure what to make of what was going on, but she didn’t see a reason not to just go along with it. There wasn’t a way back to the garage that she could so, so instead she followed the others down the path to the hot spring. Sophie had done a lot of crazy things in her day, but she had never experienced a swim in a hot spring before. No time like the present to enjoy a place without walkers while she could.

She watched as the two other women found bathing suits in their sizes. Sophie was a bit more suspicious of why bathing gear in their size and favorite colors had mysteriously appeared. She pondered who might have been behind this situation, but no names came to mind. She was one of the last go over to the stacks that held their change of clothing. She figured she might as well join the others instead of stay the odd man out. She found a black and purple bikini. It looked like one she had once owned. It had matched the one her ex-girlfriend owned. She wondered how it had ended up there in that clearing.

She changed and slid into the hot spring not long after the other two women had. She smiled seeing the other two splash each other. She was relieved when neither of them had splashed her. She had to admit she was enjoying herself despite not knowing what was going on. Sophie shook Mika’s hand. She was impressed by how much the blonde had accomplished. It sounded as if she had quite the future ahead of her when everything happened. ”I’m Sophie Silvers,” Sophie introduced herself, ”I was a musician once upon a time. I was working on my next album.”

Charmaine Pace, Mikayla Scott, Tyler McCarthy
PM
^
Charmaine Pace
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 02:59 PM

hand gun

Fists
IRA

Whatever Tomorrow Brings

I'll Be There
Char stepped into the hot water cautiously, but it didn't take much for her to abandon that caution and drop onto the long bench seat that wrapped around the inside of the spring. It was craved of the same stone that the spring was made of, the stone warn smooth by years of use. She relaxed into the water, leaning her head back to rest against the stone lip of the spring. It had been years since she'd had a hot bath or a soak in a hot tub and she wasn't going to take any of it for granted, not even if she'd fallen and cracked her head and was imaging this whole thing in a concussed delirium. She cracked an eye open when a splash of water hit her face. Mika. She should have known she'd be the one to break the serenity of the moment. She liked Mika, but she had an exuberant personality that didn't mesh well with words like 'serenity' and 'peaceful'. She was a spitfire, much more suited to words like 'fun' and 'entertaining'.

With a small smirk Char sat up a little straighter, looking around at the people joining them in the water. Mika introduced herself, then the blonde girl, the one who had seemed most hesitant, introduced herself as well. She had been a musician working on an album? Like a legit musician or one of those starving artist types who actually make their money as a waitress? It seemed rude to ask, so Char just followed suit and introduced herself as well. They were all stuck in this weird version of reality together, right? Might as well be cordial. [b]"I'm Char Pace, I was a Martial Arts Instructor before... well, before. I'm from Norfolk in Virginia. I know Mika's from Farmville, VA; we met a few weeks ago. Where are the rest of you from?" She looked from one face to the other, wondering what their stories were, where they were from and if they had also experienced the strange fog that rolled in just before being transported here.

--------------------
user posted image
PMGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Mikayla Scott
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 01:22 PM

A Well-Aimed Rock
Group Not Dead

Mika grinned as Sophie introduced herself. "Oooh, a musician?" She asked, her smile wide. "What kind of music did you sing?" Clearly, it wasn't country music. That was all that Mika really listened to and she'd never heard of anyone named Sophie Silvers before. But hey, if she was a famous person that was super cool! Mika wasn't one to get starstruck easily, so she was interested in getting to know all of the nitty gritty about Sophie's life. "So were you famous? What was it like getting pictures taken of you all the time? And havin' people tell you you're beautiful everywhere you go? How annoying were your fans?" She kicked her legs a little bit, giddy from all of the questions. This was exciting!

Mika lowered her mouth under the warm water for a few minutes and started blowing out bubbles as Charmaine introduced her a little bit more. Man, she felt like a kid on Christmas! It was so nice to just swim and talk and make new friends and not worry for a second that someone was going to kill you or walkers were going to come and tear off your face... just relax. Even if that meant she was dead back wherever she was and this was some kinda heaven she was in. It was nice. "So you! Who are you?" She asked, bringing her face from the water and pointing to the only man in the group. She grinned excitedly, wondering what his story was.

Mika heard some soft noises coming from the bath house and it was strange enough to make her raise her eyebrow. "Did anybody hear that?" She asked, before dismissing it as nothing and floating on her back on the surface of the water. But her mind was racing. This was all just so perfect. Maybe it was her new survival instincts talking, but it almost seemed too good to be true. Mika wondered if maybe there was a little more to this situation than meets the eye. She remembered that movie Clue, where the master of the house brought all kinds of horrible people together who all had secrets and then they all tried to murder each other. Maybe this was like that. She sat up and looked at the others, her eyes twinkling with curiosity. "Guys, does anybody think this is too good to be true?" She asked. She glanced around a little bit before whispering "I wonder if there's more here than meets the eye. I wonder if there's some sort of mystery afoot." Mika grinned, excited by the idea. Maybe that wasn't the case at all, but it was something to occupy her mind for a while. Sure, the hot spring was fun, but she wanted a little more out of this experience. Maybe a little bit of a ghost story would make this experience a little more fun.

notes: Added a little potential Mystery in there for a little extra layer of plot for this thread. Run with it if you like!
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine
RPG-D The Mists Olympus Has Fallen A&D So Shiny, So Chrome Indestructible Darkness  photo sadbutton_zpspmcfy0ik.png 1FC BA What Lies Ahead