Events
updates
next ac // ends June 1st

welcome to whispers into screams! this site is au post the season 4 mid-season finale. please read the rules and check out the canon list!

we are officially open as of july 17, 2015. stop in the cbox and say hi. have fun and don't get eaten! (by zombies or cannibals!)
staff
credits
skin credit goes to miss texas, custom structure scripts go to black, and the toggle cbox goes to subdevo. writing belonging to their respective writers.
Current Season/Year:
Spring 2013

Add Reply
New Poll

Discord
Carl Grimes
 Posted: May 21 2017, 12:08 AM

Beretta 92FS

Kodiak Knife
Alexandria

Have the staff thought about creating a discord for the site? I'm part of quite a few sites that have them, and from what I've seen they are pretty good for members to communicate. It doesn't work for all sites since I've been a part of a few of them, but I decided to suggest it anyways. Good evening y'all <3
PMEmail
^
Amy
 Posted: May 22 2017, 02:48 PM

Glass-Shattering High Notes

Excessive Cursing

Hey Carl Grimes! I would love to talk more about this idea. I had never heard of Discord until a few weeks ago, when suddenly all at once I was seeing people seeking out RPs on Discord, and others simply trying to plot with me through discord as if it were another instant messenger perfect for plotting. It does seem like it is really growing in popularity and I would be interested in trying to find a way to incorporate it into the site somehow (At the very least I just made my own discord to discuss plots with people who don't have a skype! I'm trying to check it out to see how exactly to use it and what makes it different from just another skype or AIM type deal)

Anyway, long story short, I just have a few questions! I have never seen another site that implements Discord. I was wondering how exactly they incorporate Discord onto their site? Is it like another cbox? A sitewide in-character chat? A mass plotter of sorts for members to avoid going into the actual plotter section? Is there a way to link it into the site, cbox style or is there just an external link to the discord on these sites that the members use to get to said Discord chat?

Personally, I think if people only use it for general sitewide chatting purposes, I don't see why we'd need it on WiS, as we already have a cbox for that which we on this site utilize pretty frequently. However, if these other sites have other uses for discord outside of just general OOC chat I would be interested in hearing about it and perhaps making a case to add it to WiS as well!
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine
RPG-D The Mists Olympus Has Fallen A&D So Shiny, So Chrome Indestructible Darkness  photo sadbutton_zpspmcfy0ik.png 1FC BA What Lies Ahead